When you use Turvy, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information. We recommend that you read this along with our Privacy FAQs, which highlight key points about our privacy practices.
Effective Date: April 1, 2020
Data Collections and Uses
This policy applies to any users of Turvy’s services anywhere in the world, including any users of Turvy’s apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy applies to any users of the services of Turvy or its affiliates anywhere in the world, and to anyone else who contacts Turvy or otherwise submits information to Turvy unless noted below. This includes those who use Turvy or its affiliates' services to:
- Request or receive transportation (riders)
- Provide transportation individually or through partner transportation companies (driver-partners)
- Request deliveries of food or other items (delivery recipients)
- Provide delivery services (delivery partners)
- Any other user of Turvy's services (including apps, websites and API), and anyone else who contacts Turvy or otherwise submits information to Turvy.
The Information We Collect
- Information that you provide to Turvy, such as when you create your Turvy account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as Turvy partners and third parties that use Turvy’s API.
Turvy collects the following categories of information:
- Information you provide
This includes information submitted when you:
- Create or update your Turvy account, which depending on your location and the Turvy services you use may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, birth date, and photo
- Submit information about your vehicle or insurance (for driver-partners)
- Consent to a background check (for driver-partners where permitted by law)
- Request services through a Turvy app or website
- Contact Turvy, including for customer support
- Contact other Turvy users through our services
- Complete surveys sent to you by Turvy or on behalf of Turvy
- Enable features that require Turvy's access to your address book or calendar
- Information created when you use our services
- Location Information
Depending on the Turvy services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, Turvy may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and Wi-Fi.
- If you are a driver or delivery partner, Turvy collects location information when the Turvy app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a rider, Turvy may collect location information when the Turvy app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Turvy may also collect this information when the Turvy app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Riders and delivery recipients may use the Turvy app without enabling Turvy to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your Turvy app. For example, if you do not enable Turvy to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver partner during your trip, even if you have not enabled Turvy to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage and Preference Information
- Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information
When you interact with our services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
- Calls and text messages
We enable users to call or text each other through Turvy apps. For example, in some countries, we enable driver-partners and riders, and delivery partners and recipients, to call or text each other without disclosing their telephone numbers. To provide this service, Turvy receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. Turvy may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
- Address book and calendar information
If you permit the Turvy app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit the Turvy app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and a number of attendees.
- Information from other sources
These may include:
- Users providing feedback, such as ratings or compliments
- Turvy business partners through which you create or access your Turvy accounts, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Turvy's APIs or whose API Turvy uses
- Insurance providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner)
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner)
- Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver-partner who uses our services through an account associated with such a company)
- The owner of a Turvy for Business or Turvy Family profile that you use
- Publicly available sources
- Marketing service providers
Turvy may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
Turvy collects and uses the information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
Turvy does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes.
Turvy uses the information it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features
Turvy uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services
- Process or facilitate payments for those services
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver-partner, refer a friend to Turvy, split fares, or share your ETA
- Enable features to personalize your Turvy account, such as creating bookmarks for your favourite places
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends
- Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services. For example, we collect information from driver-partners' devices to identify unsafe driving behaviours such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration and to raise awareness among driver partners regarding such behaviours. This also includes, for example, our Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts driver-partners to share a selfie before going online. This helps ensure that the driver-partner using the app matches the Turvy account we have on file, preventing fraud and helping to protect other users.
- Customer support
Turvy uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Communications among users
Turvy uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver-partner may text or call a rider to confirm a pickup location, or a restaurant or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
- Communications from Turvy
Turvy may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Turvy may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfil any related awards and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. Turvy may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
- Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Turvy's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Cookies and Third-Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Some of Turvy’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, or for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
Turvy may share the information we collect:
- With other users
- For example, if you are a rider, we may share your first name, average rider rating given by driver-partners, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with driver-partners.
- If you are a driver or delivery partner, we may share information with your rider(s) including your name and photo; your vehicle makes, model, colour, license plate, and vehicle photo; your location; your average rating provided by riders; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past riders have submitted about you. The rider/delivery recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo, a map of the route you took, and other transaction details.
- At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
- Turvy business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Turvy may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Turvy may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
- With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users -- including through public forums such as Turvy blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
- With the owner of Turvy accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile.
This occurs, for example, if you are:
- A rider using your employer's Turvy for Business profile
- A driver-partner using an account owned by a partner transportation company
- A rider who takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile
- With Turvy subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Turvy may process or store information in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With Turvy service providers and business partners
Turvy may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. For example, Turvy may provide information to such parties to help facilitate insurance coverage, to conduct surveys on our behalf, and to process payments for our services.
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Turvy may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
- This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Turvy's rights or property or the rights or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person's credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
- This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
Please see Turvy's Guidelines for Law Enforcement Authorities for more information.
- With your consent
Turvy may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention and Deletion
Turvy retains your information while your account remains active unless you request deletion of your information or account. In some cases, we may retain certain information about you as required by law or other purposes as described in this section even if you delete your account.
Turvy retains your information while your account remains active unless you ask us to delete your information or your account. Subject to the exceptions described below, Turvy deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, Turvy may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your accounts, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
- Turvy may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if Turvy shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behaviour or security incidents, Turvy may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Turvy account in the future.
Choice And Transparency
Turvy provides means for you to see and control the information that Turvy collects, including through:
- In-app privacy settings
- Device permissions
- In-app rating pages
- Marketing opt-outs
The Privacy Settings menu in the Turvy rider app gives users the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Turvy. Riders can also delete their Turvy account from the Privacy Settings menu.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Turvy app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Turvy app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
After every trip, driver-partners and riders are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the trip went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behaviour. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both driver-partners and riders. Your rider rating is available in the main menu of the Turvy rider app. Your driver-partner rating is available in the Rating tab of the Turvy Partner app.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in Turvy's apps. You can also look up your trips, orders and deliveries history in the Turvy apps.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Turvy here. You may also opt-out of receiving emails and other messages from Turvy by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you are opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
Updates to This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Turvy apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.